Sports massage is sometimes known as Soft Tissue Therapy and can help both athletes and non-athletes alike. If you have any discomfort or tension in your muscles or have a soft tissue injury (such as a muscular sprain or strain) sports massage will be able to help. These are some of the many benefits that sports massage can have:
- Reduces tension in muscles
- Improves muscle quality
- Prevents injury
- Speeds up recovery after injury
- Improves circulation of the blood which helps deliver oxygen to the muscles and remove waste products.
- Improves flexibility
- Reduces scar tissue
- Promotes emotional well being
- Reduces pain to aching muscles
- Improves lymphatic drainage
Ridgeway Fitness and Health particularly encourages regular massage aimed at the prevention of injuries, and deep tissue massage as a form of stress reduction with the aim of improving both emotional and physical well being at work and at home.
Emma is qualified as a BTEC Level 5 Sports Massage Therapist