Massage during pregnancy benefits both mother and baby emotionally and physiologically. It helps alleviate aches and pains associated with pregnancy and relieves stress by calming effect it has on body and mind.
Just some of the beneficial physical effects of massage during pregnancy are that it can:
- Improve circulation
- Encourage lymphatic drainage
- Release muscular tension
- Reduce compression on nerves (for example reducing the pain caused by Sciatica)
- Help to prevent the formation of varicose veins
- Encourage release of the pain reducing hormone called Oxytocin
- Lower blood pressure or stabilise high blood pressure
And then there is the wonderful feeling of well being that comes with an hour of relaxing massage. Forget about the stress of everyday life and enjoy a well deserved hour of special treatment.
To book a pregnancy massage contact Emma Kicks via the contact page