Ridgeway Running and Fitness.
I am a qualified coach with UK Athletics and have had a number of years experience as a coach at both Nidd Valley Road Runners and Knaresborough Striders in the Harrogate are. I am able to deliver one to one training sessions or group sessions for runners of all abilities. Regular training sessions are aimed at improving running style and increasing fitness to enhance performance and reduce risk of injury. More specific objectives of training are as follows:
- To develop basic running skills and co-ordination.
- To improve posture whilst running.
- To develop reaction speed and acceleration.
- To develop increased flexibility in the joints needed for running.
- To learn how to maintain good running form when you’re getting a bit tired.
- To build a base level of stamina to help you keep going when the going gets tough.
- To increase ability to run faster over a variety of distances.
- To have fun!
If you have a specific goal in mind such as achieving a personal best in a race, improving general fitness and core strength, or losing weight, I offer tailored packages to suit your needs. For example a Marathon Training Package would include the following:
- A specific training plan.
- Weekly coached running sessions.
- Monthly sports massage.
- Nutrition advice.
- Core strength advice.
If you would like to find out more about any of these services please do not hesitate to contact me via our contact page.